Issue with apple devices only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Saturday - last edited Monday

I have a TP Link AX 4400 router on a spectrum network. Worked fine for 3 weeks then on my iPhones and iPads. Now if you go to settings and WiFi it says no internet connection but it is in fact connected. I can go to speed test and it says it is connected and I get great upload and download speeds. Problem is that it doesn't update any apps or download any new apps. Firmware is up to date. Updated iPhones and iPads to iOS 18. Reset router to factory settings. Spectrum can only check if modem is connected which it is. Restarted devices and equipment several times to no avail. I picked up a spectrum router and installed it and everything works fine now, so I may take tp link back if problem cannot get resolved. Laptop, printer, smart tv, Roku and xumo all work fine. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issue with apple devices only -Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@ArcherC8 

thanks. 
I found the other post and have fixed it now. 
I've changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and everything is working perfectly now. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with apple devices only
Sunday

@Bill00 

See other posts on this. You need to change the DNS settings as it appears Apple does not think your ISP DNS is safe. 

Options
Re:Issue with apple devices only -Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

@ArcherC8 

thanks. 
I found the other post and have fixed it now. 
I've changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and everything is working perfectly now. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Issue with apple devices only
Monday - last edited Monday

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. Our Engineers are monitoring this thread, and we would appreciate it if discussions surrounding this topic could be continued there. We'll be locking this one for now to help keep the discussion focused in one thread. Thanks again!

Options