Wifi setup after plugging into modem/ router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-01 02:30:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just set up my Archer C7. I am connected to CenturyLink DSL service (Phoenix, AZ) by plugging into a LAN port on my ZyXEL C1100Z modem/router. The only change I made in the setup for the C7 is I changed the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1.

My question is whether I should turn off the wireless radio on the C1100Z (since I am using the wireless on the Archer C7)? Everything is working fine without changing the settings on the C1100Z. Is there a downside to leaving both wireless radios on?

Thanks
Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi setup after plugging into modem/ router
2017-01-02 01:30:50
Just a follow-on question for anyone who can help me...

I have a networked printer (Brother). If my laptop and the printer are both on the CenturyLink (ZyXEL) modem wifi, the laptop and the printer communicate with each other fine. If I put both of them on the TP-Link wifi, I can't get the printer to print. Any thoughts on what might be going on here?

Thanks for anyone's help with this...

Steve
Options