Cannot setup RE550 even after reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-26 17:09:29 - last edited 2022-01-21 05:46:38
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an RE550 that worked fine until a couple days ago. I noticed dead spots in our master bedroom & bathroom. The RE is located in the master bedroom, so I unplugged and replugged it - and only the power light would come on.

The RE did not appear in my Tether app, so I did several hard resets and tried to setup to no avail. 

The RE will not broadcast its WiFi name; my iPhone will not connect to the network. I have turned off cellular data on my phone, put my phone in airplane mode, Apple started my phone. NOTHING IS WORKING!

I've only had the RE since August 2021. I have an Archer AX90 connected to an ARRIS Surfboard S33. ISP is MEDIACOM.

I am hopeful someone can help. TIA!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot setup RE550 even after reset-Solution
2022-01-03 10:18:52 - last edited 2022-01-21 05:46:38

Hello @LauraLK 

Sorry for the late reply.

After factory reset RE, will RE broadcast its own SSID/ Extender Wi-Fi? If so you could try suggestions here to set up Re again. 

1. Please verify the Wi-Fi password of the main router before RE set up: 

Log in to the management page of your router if possible, double-check the Wi-Fi password. Or forget router Wi-Fi network on mobile device  temporarily , connect back to router Wi-Fi by putting in password manually to examine WiFi password.
 FAQ: How to remove existing wireless network profile on Android&iPhone

2, Later try factory reset extender and install it from scratch: 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 
Later, please follow the instructions here to set up range extender :

How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP

How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage (new logo)?

Did you verify main router WiFI password is correct, how about the Led status now on RE after set up? Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot setup RE550 even after reset-Solution
2022-01-03 10:18:52 - last edited 2022-01-21 05:46:38

Hello @LauraLK 

Sorry for the late reply.

After factory reset RE, will RE broadcast its own SSID/ Extender Wi-Fi? If so you could try suggestions here to set up Re again. 

1. Please verify the Wi-Fi password of the main router before RE set up: 

Log in to the management page of your router if possible, double-check the Wi-Fi password. Or forget router Wi-Fi network on mobile device  temporarily , connect back to router Wi-Fi by putting in password manually to examine WiFi password.
 FAQ: How to remove existing wireless network profile on Android&iPhone

2, Later try factory reset extender and install it from scratch: 
RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once. 
Later, please follow the instructions here to set up range extender :

How to configure Range Extender via Tether APP

How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage (new logo)?

Did you verify main router WiFI password is correct, how about the Led status now on RE after set up? Thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot setup RE550 even after reset
2022-01-14 00:26:27

@Solla-topee 

I verified the router's WiFi password, it is correct. From multiple devices I have used the "forget network" and re-established connection to the router.

I have reset the RE twice, and its SSID does not broadcast. I tried to connect to it by manually entering the SSID to no avail. I am unable to add the RE in Tether without connecting to the device's network.

Your patience and assistance are appreciated!

Options
2022-01-14 10:52:02 - last edited 2022-01-21 07:15:06

Hello @LauraLK 

If all the devices like phones, laptops can not see RE's SSID, that's  sounds defective to me, you could contact retailer or local support to check device warranty. 

I will also create a support email for your case to check warranty, please check your inbox. 

Options
2022-01-14 17:01:00

@Solla-topee I bought the RE in August 2021, so I do believe it is under warranty. I got it on Amazon (probably a reseller) but I'm not sure either Amazon or the reseller will be able to help me. I'll check my inbox. Thanks for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1033

Replies: 4