Archer C7 worked fine, until I increased internet speed, now wifi is slow.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-14 15:02:16
Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.5753n

ISP : Comcast

I've had my TP-Link Archer C7 (AC 1750) for over a year, along with 25Mbs internet, and everything was working fine. I would get a full 25-30 all through the house, on both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz.
Now, last week I had my speed increased to 200Mbs and now my wifi speed is up and down. The 2.4 GHz band will go from about 130Mbs down to 10Mbs then back up to about 70. Naturally, the 5Ghz is faster, but it still keeps varying from 220 down to about 15. And this is all from the same location, not moving around in my house. Wired devices are fine, blazing nice and fast full time.
Nothing has changed with my setup. Still the same modem, router is in the same position with same settings. Only change was my ISP boosting my speed. Now my devices are buffering more than when I had the slow internet.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 worked fine, until I increased internet speed, now wifi is slow.
2017-01-16 16:17:42
May I know how did you test the wireless speed?
It's reasonable the wireless speed is unstable if there is too much interference around the router.
Options
Re:Archer C7 worked fine, until I increased internet speed, now wifi is slow.
2017-01-16 21:31:13
Hard reset the router back to Factory Defaults. Now go back and reconfigure your router back to your settings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4518

Replies: 2

Related Articles