Using (2) TP-Link Archer T6E adapters in the same PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-18 21:14:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Here's my current wireless setup.

Wireless Router: Linksys E6350
Wireless Range Extender: TP-Link AC750
Internal WLAN 1: TP-Link Archer T6E
External WLAN 2: TP-Link Archer T6E

The Wireless SSID is the same for both my wireless router and the wireless range extender.

Both WLAN cards are in the same PC; this is so I can connect to my internal wireless network with WLAN 1 and an external public hotspot with WLAN 2.

I used the TP-Link Wireless Connection Utility to create a profile for each adapter, linking it to the correct network. I did this with the Range Extender disconnected to ensure I was creating a profile to my router and not the extender (stronger signal for my PC), Both profiles are set to automatically connect.

When I first boot my Windows 10 Professional 64 desktop, WLAN 1 (internal network) connects almost immediately, after about 15-20 seconds, WLAN 2 (external network) connects to the public wireless network. After about 1 minute, WLAN 1 (internal network) drops the connection. If I manually reconnect WLAN 1 (internal network), it will stay connected. If I disable the WLAN 2 (public network) wireless adapter, WLAN 1 (private network) wireless adapter will automatically reconnect.

I need both wireless adapters to connect and stay connected to their wireless networks. Any advice?

The same behavior is shown regardless if the Range Extender is plugged in or not.

Thanks,
Matt
Options