Archer AX1500 Loses Internet (Amber Light) every 3 or 4 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX1500 Loses Internet (Amber Light) every 3 or 4 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 Loses Internet (Amber Light) every 3 or 4 days
2020-09-30 19:04:52

@SagiS 

I'm on V2, I just left my house but prior to leaving I installed the prior firmware so we'll see how this goes. What would happen if I installed V1 software on a V2 router?  Guessing either not even install or it would install but not work?   I'm hoping my system doesn't detect and automatically install the new V2 software.  You'd think these routers would have updates frequently but seems like annually, if that.

Thanks for the info

SagiS wrote

@ItsMillerTime79 

Hi

For me firmware version Archer AX10(EU)_V1_200825 fixed the problem.

Needed to mention that this update is for hardware version V1 only.

Options
2020-09-30 19:08:06

@DonutmanFWA 

Is anyone using CAT6 cable from the ISP router?  I had been since I bought the router quite a few months ago but with this disconnect nonsense I switched back to CAT5e

DonutmanFWA wrote

Every 3 or 4 days my AX1500 router, which is directly connected to the ethernet port of a Frontier Fios ONT loses internet connection and displays a yellow light.

I've found 2 ways to get around the issue.  1. Unplug the WAN connection and reconnect.  2. Release and renew the connection to the internet through the router settings.

This started when I replaced the G1100 router, provided by Frontier, with the Archer AX1500 router.

I have copied the MAC address of the old router supplied by Frontier so that Frontier see the same MAC as before.  I have not been able to setup the old router so that the system works if the ONT is connected to the old router and that is connected to the AX1500.

This problem did not exist with the old G1100 router supplied by Frontier.  It had other problems...

Any ideas are appreciated.

but hasn't made a difference whatsoever.

Options
2020-10-10 00:12:03

Currently on 

Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200825 Rel. 1847(5553)

Hardware Version: Archer AX10 v1.0

And have this issue, increasing the frequency of automated reboots helps somewhat, for instance with nightly reboots, I can actually go a full day sometimes without any issues, still happening on occasion even now though. I'll try upgrading to the newest firmware

Latest Firmware Version:

1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928

And see if this coupled with the daily reboot has any further effect.

Options
2020-10-18 19:06:52 - last edited 2020-10-19 23:22:05

Update, no effect with the latest firmware update, still an issue almost daily. Planning to replace it soon now, this is the second major bust for me with a tp-link product, had a wifi adapter a few years back with a similar issue. Probably be replacing it soon and no longer going with tp-link since it seems the products are not reliable so I might not update any further, if by some miracle it is fixed before it's replaced though I will.

Get it together, tp-link.

Edit: To clarify - issue affects both wifi and wired devices - all lose connection at once. I already run in only 5 Ghz mode due to the poor performance I had multiple firmwares back using both modes. Swapped out with another older router I had and so far no issues which again makes me lean toward hardware issues with some units or firmware still.

Options
2020-10-18 21:43:53
I have updated the router to firmware 1.0.5 build 20200825 rel 38196 and changed router settings to reboot once per week. I have not had any loss of connection for about a month.
Options
2020-12-03 17:08:51

@DonutmanFWA 

Hi.

I'm facing exactly the same issue with my device. 
My HW version is also 1.0. And the firmware is in the latest version available. 
After trying many thinks and ckecking a lot of forums for support, I tried one solution by myself. 
I realized that the device was becoming too hot. Then, I put it over a cooler normally used for laptops. After that, I had no problem. It is only 10 days testing, but it seems very good up to now. 
Try it. It's easy and useful. 

Regards, 

Kyririm.

Options
2021-07-12 16:45:41

@DonutmanFWA looks like the issue is if room temperature is much than 28-30 degress... 

Options
2021-07-12 23:27:46

@Kepro This thread is very old yeah but, did something similar with mine to fix it, changed where it was at and moved it further away from any other heat sources, it seems like it may have just been overheating problems with these under certain circumstances

Options
2021-07-19 11:05:11

@DonutmanFWA 

Hello, if any of you is experiencing the disconnect from internet issue when connecting to the TP-Link router, please check the suggestions we updated below, and report back with some basic information if the issue persists, we will take further steps to help:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-26 23:05:22 - last edited 2021-07-26 23:13:39

Kevin_Z wrote

@DonutmanFWA 

Hello, if any of you is experiencing the disconnect from internet issue when connecting to the TP-Link router, please check the suggestions we updated below, and report back with some basic information if the issue persists, we will take further steps to help:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

@Kevin_Z while I appreciate the note, I've had this same router for well over a year at this point and already tried all these things numerous times, it's also persisted in exactly the same way across every single firmware version.

The very strong evidence points still to a overheating related hardware issue, now while I clearly can't prove it, I can very easily reproduce it and have many times.

I also happen to live in a hot area which as you can guess, means that during the summer, this happens almost daily. In fact, I can actually directly relate the ambient temperature of my apartment to when it will happen and reproduce it almost every time. While I realize correlation does not necessarilly equal causation - all I have to do is,
1) Have it working when I leave in the morning, connected and all that working fine

2) Have my AC on a schedule on any given hot day (>95 degree's roughly) that will allow my apartments temperature to reach about 88 degrees farenheit (good ol' freedom units, but I assume whatever ambientish temperature this makes it reach in celsius is enough to overheat it) or higher

3) It will always be down by the time I get home in the evening and have to reboot it. Turn off, wait, reboot, works every single time.

Maybe y'all should just sell router AIO's or something, might help ;)
A good short term solution though is the same as someone else suggested - place it somewhere cooler, put some kind of fan on it, etc. and it should help.

Options
Related Articles