Deco S4 performance and 5G/2.4G Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-11 20:40:55
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

I have three S4 decos. Main one connected with Ethernet cable from the modem and placed in first floor, and I have 200 Mbps service.

2nd deco placed in 2nd floor and 3rd deco placed in 3rd floor (all decos are placed in optimal places for a better signal). 

Issue1: 3rd floor deco connected with Main floor (NOT 1st floor though it has better signal strength), hence devices placed in 3rd floors speed is significantly less.

Issue2: Any 2.4G supported devices are connected only with Main deco (NOT 2nd floor deco or 3rd floor deco). 

Issue3: Only 5G supported devices are connecting to 3rd floor deco and 2nd floor deco when placed at 3rd floor and 2nd floor respectively (NOT connecting with 3rd or 2nd floor decos).

Issue4: Download spead at 1st floor is about 160 Mbps, at 2nd floor about 60-80 mbps and at 3rd floor is 20 mbps.

Any help would be appreciated to fix these issues.

Thanks,

Baaz

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco S4 performance and 5G/2.4G Issues
2021-10-13 11:16:36 - last edited 2021-10-13 11:17:19

@Baaz 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I might start with the simple one:

As for issue 3, I am sorry that I did not quite understand what is the issue. Is it not right if a device is on the 3rd floor, then it is connected to the 5ghz of the 3rd floor?

Please tell me directly if I misunderstood something.

As for the issue 1 and 4, they are very likely related to each other.

Did you happen to have a wired laptop that could help me test the Ethernet speed from the 2nd and 3rd Deco directly?

As for the 3rd Deco which is linked to the main Deco, how about the signal source strength on this one, like 1 or 2 bars for the 2.4ghz/5ghz signal?

I tend to think the speed might be caused by the location and could you mind sending me a picture of the floor map about the location and distance of each Deco unit?

As for issue 2, it is quite interesting.

What are these 2.4ghz supported devices?

Did it behave the same even though they are next to the 2nd or 3rd unit?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 550

Replies: 1

Related Articles