Mesh & Iptv on slave device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-11 09:25:30 - last edited 2021-12-13 00:59:28
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, 

I bought Deco S4 and tried to set it up at home. Internet works fine out of the box but I have some troubles with the IPTV. On the main Deco I have the ISP cable and one going into my desktop pc and on one of the slaves I have switch and two IPTV boxes. On both of them the image lags a lot. If I decide to plug that switch on main Deco port (instead of my desktop pc) everything works perfectly. 

Is it a limitation that I can't have IPTV set up on the slave devices? If so why the app allows me to configure it that way? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mesh & Iptv on slave device
2021-12-14 03:29:43

@Vindzhev 

Hi, thank you very much for the kind reply.

I tend to think it might be related to the mesh connection between main Deco and satellite Deco.

Is your slave Deco wirelessly connected to the main Deco?

-If yes, maybe you could unplug the laptop, then connect the slave Deco to the main Deco and check the two IPTV boxes again?

By the way, May I know how is your internet service provider?

Apart from the IPTV service, have you ever noticed any other network issues, like slow speed, unstable connection, and high ping?

Options
2021-12-14 06:00:24

Hi,

Initially I though it might be some bandwidth issue (even both Decos are just 10 meters apart and there is a single wall between them). So, closed the gap but the issue persisted. Then I tested something else, which is quite interesting:

I got my setup as follows: My ISP cable (Vivacom) plugged in up port of my Main Deco, on the bottom port I have switch with the two IP boxes & the other two Decos connected to wirelessly. Everything setup like that works fine, until I decided to just activate the IPTV function on any of the slaves (just enabled the option in the app, without plugging in anything). This led to lag on TVs that worked smooth before. 

Options
2021-12-15 03:12:12

@Vindzhev 

Hi, Thank you very much for getting back to me.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of the email for further assistance.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 552

Replies: 3

Related Articles