Intermittent internet using Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-03 02:22:35 - last edited 2022-03-03 02:24:02
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.2 Build 20210916 Real. 56193

I'm having ongoing issues with my M4 mesh setup. I have an ONT fibre box bringing connectivity into the home. This is connected to my Vodafone modem (Vodafone is my service provider). This router has an IP address 10.0.0.1. 

I have the main Deco unit plugged directly into the Vodafone router and this main Deco unit has an IP address of 192.168.68.1.  I have 2 more Deco M4's connected via Wifi to the main Deco unit. Devices in the house sometimes have connectivity ok and other times don't. It doesnt seem to matter whether they are wired directly to the Deco (via a switch) or on Wifi. 

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm not sure if the problem is that my Vodafone modem has a different IP to my Deco network?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intermittent internet using Deco mesh
2022-03-08 01:17:25

@sigelnz 

Thank you very much for your patience.

There has been a new firmware released for M4-1.5.4 a few weeks and please try to update to the latest firmware first:

Deco M4_V2_1.5.4_220113

After the firmware upgrade, if the disconnection continues, please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. Would any Deco turn flashing red when the internet was disconnected?

2. How often would the disconnection repeat within one day?

3. What did you do to restore the connection, like a restart of Deco?

Wait for your update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 581

Replies: 1

Related Articles