Worked for hours to try and connect this AC750 Extender--Why is this so difficult?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Worked for hours to try and connect this AC750 Extender--Why is this so difficult?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 23:05:05 - last edited 2022-07-28 00:37:52
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: RE200 V4

Still not able to log into the extender after hours of trying to trouble-shoot this extender. Sigh.

1. O.K. so, first. Please add a step-by-step way to do this in the TP App for your phone (or if people are using your Web page, I hope it is there).

Have a photo with arrows as to what we are supposed to click on or what lights are supposed to represent. You may feel this is juvenile, but while tech people know the vocabulary and the scripts/programming, visual aids are helpful for the consumer.

2. The app's guidance (how-to steps) is wrong for my model. Please fix this so other people will not get discouraged. I could not find the network TP-Link_Extender_2.4G. Later, after research, I did not have to have that specific network for this model.

3. This post forces you to select a model and my extender's model is NOT LISTED.

I bought this extender months ago and I still have not been able to make it connect so we could use it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Worked for hours to try and connect this AC750 Extender--Why is this so difficult?
2022-08-02 08:28:27

Hello  @Mej 

Thank you for your improvement suggestions with the guide in the app.

Here are some instructions to help you set up the range extender that may help.   

If you can not find TP-Link Range Extender 2.4Ghz Wifi network, please check if there is any Extender Wifi network to connect to.

1. Setting up Your Extender via Tether APP

2. Setting up Your Extender via Web UI
Single-band RE: How to configure my 11N Range Extender via Web GUI?
Dual-band RE: How to configure my range extender via web GUI?

May I know what is the model of your device and we could add the model to the forum. 

AC750 represents the Link speed of the model for dual-band RE, the model start with RE- 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/search/?q=AC750&t=product&p=1

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 1

Related Articles