Problem in tl wr940n (us)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-02 05:39:59 - last edited 2022-09-05 01:16:23
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.18.1

Hello, I want the first firmware released for the device Tl wr940n v6(us) (there is not first firmware released in tp link firmware page) , instead I have a problem with the dynamic ip as it cannot retrieve the ip (note that everything is normal even the LED is normal), I replaced everything (cables and everything and nothing This works) Note that this problem occurs suddenly, so I would like you to give me the first version of the device, please, not an order.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem in tl wr940n (us)
2022-09-02 16:34:39 - last edited 2022-09-05 01:16:23

@Mahmoud0101,

We currently have three different firmwares available on our site for your device. I do not think that the company will re release the oldest firmware for devices, as the patch notes in the one from 2017 say that it fixed an extremely important security hole (Fixed the WPA2 Security (KRACKs) Vulnerability). 

Have you tried to reset the device back to factory settings?

Is this an issue that occurs repetitively, or has happened once and is preventing your network from working? If you have reasoned it to be the dynamic IP, there should be setting to change to Static IP where you can set the IP address for the connection to to your modem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 534

Replies: 1

Related Articles