AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router Invalid Bridge BSSID HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-14 00:11:08

I put this thing into range extender mode. Logged into it, chose the AP i wanted and when I went to set it up, I keep getting the Invalid Bridge BSSID. What is it supposed to be? Is it the wifi ap I am logging the router into, or the router itself. I have tried both and I keep getting this.

Please help

Options
2 Reply
Re:AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router Invalid Bridge BSSID HELP
2022-10-14 00:39:42

@Steve40th396,

The BSSID will be assigned automatically by the network router. If you are unable to connect to the network, make sure that you have WDS enabled as this is the feature that affects the BSSID. I would try to configure the SSID(to be bridged) field manually, and also ensure that you are configuring only the 2.4 Ghz if they are not using the 5Ghz band at all.

In RE mode, when you hit scan, you can see the BSSID of the networks visible to the travel router. I would try to copy one of these if the automatic configuration is failing. I believe that the BSSID is simply the name of the network that you are trying to connect to, however, the travel router scan function delivers this in ipv6 form rather than using the friendly name of the network. This shouldn't matter but may help if there is an incompatibility between the networks.

Options
Re:AC750 Wi-Fi Travel Router Invalid Bridge BSSID HELP
2022-10-14 01:23:15

@Riley_S 

Where in the TP link router is WDS enabled?

Mine does not have that once I scanned and choose a AP

And the BSSID are numbers, written out like MAC address. 

I copied the BSSIDs both as the BSSID number and APs name. No Joy

356f1d437c154bf2b97261a60614a8e8

Options