RE605X and RE700X don't reconnect to router after power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-20 12:17:49
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210507 Rel. 151958

The rmesh extenders don't reconnect to my router (AX55) after a power outage affecting only the router.  The router was unplugged to move it some 6 feet and upon rebooting the extenders did not reconnect automatically.  I waited several minutes and nothing. The solution was to unplug them and plug them back in again to the wall outlet. This is OK if I'm home but not OK if I am travelling and have security cameras in the network. Is there some setting I have missed?

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE605X and RE700X don't reconnect to router after power outage
2022-12-21 17:35:41

@jra11500,

Is there a possibility that the Range Extenders are too far from the Main Router? Range Extender falloff is a real thing and only a few feet or sometimes inches can cause issues with the connection. We always recommend placing the Range Extender in a location with a strong signal, as the signal at the RE will limit your other devices.

There is also a difference in the way that the REs behave when there is a power issue that affects the entire house, rather than simply losing the network. When the power goes out, the devices will immediately cease trying to connect to the network, and will resume after they boot again. This means that if the power were to go out for your home, then all of your network devices would be brought back online at the same time and should be able to connect to each other when the power is restored.

Options
Re:RE605X and RE700X don't reconnect to router after power outage
2022-12-22 09:35:41
Thank-you for responding. The range extenders are not really too far from the router, perhaps some 20-25 feet and the signal only has to go around 1 corner in each case. Normally when power goes out, the whole house is affected. In the past I have seen the RE605X not reconnect becauseit reboots rather quickly ahead of the router. On the other hand the RE700X takes a lot longer to reboot and it does connect. As I orignally stated, the problem does show up if the router loses power and the extenders do not, such as when you unplu the router or the circuit breaker trips for the router's circuit. One would think the the devices would try to renegociate if for some reason the signal is lost.
Options