My M4 lose connection to main router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-04 17:35:04
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.6.0

Hello, I've been having trouble for some months with my mesh network. I have a set of 3 M4 decos, all of them are connected via Ethernet to my ISP router and are configured in AP Mode. Every now and then I will lose internet connection in my PC which is connected via Ethernet to one of the Satellite decos.

However this connection loss is really weird, as my computer keeps receiving some packets but won't be able to send any. For example, if I'm in a Zoom call I will keep hearing everyone else talking but I won't be able to respond. And a few seconds later I won't be able to hear them anymore. I did some testing last time this happened and I noticed I could ping any of my Decos from my PC, however I couldn't ping my ISP router. Also, any device connected to my ISP router won't have any issues, so I assume there's something wrong with my mesh network.

Let me add a picture of my topology for clarification:

b986a0bf2b6d4a419d1ae61d5e321697

Is there any way I can solve this issue? I can change my topology if its necessary. Thank you very much.

Options
2 Reply
Re:My M4 lose connection to main router
2023-03-06 11:20:25

@mpique 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would the PC have this issue no matter which Deco M4 it is connected to?

And how often would you notice this issue?

Please try to temporarily disable "beamforming" and "fast roaming" on the Deco APP>More>Advanced to see whether it helped.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:My M4 lose connection to main router
2023-03-11 21:10:31

@David-TP 

Hello David. Thanks for your response.

Yes, this issue happens in all decos at the same time. It happens once or twice a day, usually in the evening. I don't have fast roaming enabled.

Options