XE75 Pro connected to L3 Managed Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-30 20:56:50
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.03 Build 20230302 Rel. 60992

I have my deco mesh AP connected to a Layer 3 managed switch.  When I change from routed mode to wifi mode, the main access point fails to get an IP address and disconnects from the internet.  If I switch it back to routed mode, it connects just fine.  I am not sure what to do, I have ports configured as both a standard port assigned vlan tagged and trunked 802.1q ports.

In routed mode, the Deco is connected to a standard tagged switch port and it gets an ip address etc. and connects just fine and the mesh ap's connect with no issues.  

Only when I switch to WIFI mode, the does AP come up but does not connect and I cannot determine if an IP address ever gets assigned as I have no way to see this in the Deco APP for whatever reason.  Any suggestions or things that I can try....I would really like to have the AP's in wifi mode and not in routed mode..

The switch is a Juniper EX4200 I believe...  48 gig ports...fully managed etc..

thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro connected to L3 Managed Switch
2023-04-03 09:46:41

@MrMarkGreen 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

When Deco is in Access Point mode, It no longer supports VLAN tags. I think it might be related but could not be assured,

Could you mind provided a detailed picture of your network topology, such as:

ISP--main router---Juniper EX4200---main XE75 pro)))(((satellite XE75 pro

Did the main XE75 pro turn red after switching to AP mode?

What is the IP address, especially the default gateway on the smartphone when it is connected to Deco?

Thanks a lot.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options