Deco X55 VPN Setup for Windscribe assistance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-14 21:21:16
Tags: #VPN
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi, could you help me confgure my Deco X55 with Windscribe VPN.  The service supports OpenVPN, but I can't figure out how to set it up.  I have the config file the site generates but the firmware does not support an option to upload the file.  When reviewing the config file.  I dont see subnet, netmask information.  does this mean the Deco x55 OpenVPN feature does not support all types of VPN service providers?

Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X55 VPN Setup for Windscribe assistance
2023-04-18 09:36:54 - last edited 2023-04-18 09:37:32

@Flaquirry 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

"I have the config file the site generates but the firmware does not support an option to upload the file"

Would there be any error message when you failed to upload the VPN client config file?--If yes, can I have a screenshot of the error notice?

By the way, is there any chance that you could forward a copy of the Windscribe VPN config file to support.forum@tp-link.com so that we could have a test on our side?

And if you set up VPN client connection on the laptop with the same config file, are you able to connect to the Windscribe VPN server?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X55 VPN Setup for Windscribe assistance
2023-07-05 19:27:44

@David-TP I can send you the config file, but I cannot include the username and password.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 949

Replies: 2

Tags

VPN
Related Articles