Intermittent Router Outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-21 16:11:08
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230219 rel.69802(5553)

I have had this router for a few months now. Everything was working relatively ok other than ISP (yay Spectrum..not) doing it's on-again off-again dance. In the last week or so my roommate (who works from home) told me the internet was misbehaving and constantly cutting out. They would unplug and reset, it would be ok for a little while and then go down again. I bought this router because the one given to us by the ISP was trash. I jumped into diagnostic mode and check the log and noticed this issue was happening at the time of the outages. 

2023-04-21 10:46:53 Led Controller INFO [1107] Start to run WAN1_ON

2023-04-21 10:46:53 Led Controller INFO [1107] Start to run WAN0_OFF

2023-04-21 10:46:53 Led Controller INFO [1107] Start to run LAN_ON

Could someone help me out on this issue please?

I don't really understand what is going on.

Thanks,

Lee

Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent Router Outage
2023-04-26 22:37:34
This is just a guess. Im sure other viewers want to saay it too but it seems unhelpful. You have Spectrum. Thats it. Thats the issue. Spectrum is known for having unstable connections. The Log you posted shows the status of the LED being controlled to turn on and off due to your WAN connection to Spectrum. Lose the connection, lose the ON status. Regain the connection, regain the light status. Hope this helps you understand. I know it doesnt help fix it. Good Luck.
Options
Re:Intermittent Router Outage
2023-04-26 22:37:37

@Lee07,

If I am not mistaken, the only thing that those entries indicate is that the LED indicator is turning on and off. If the LED of the WAN port is being turned off, it means that the router is disconnecting from the modem in some way, shape or form. It could be a setting on your router, but I am more inclined to believe that it may be caused by the modem.

What model and make of modem are you using?

I would also recommend looking through the different filters in your router logs to see if there are any other reports that could narrow down the search.

When the behavior occurs next, take note of the LED indicators on both the router and the modem. 

Most importantly, check the indicators of your modem to make sure that the modem is not the cause. Next time you have an outage, I would also recommend checking a site like down detector to see if other spectrum users are having issues at the same time.

Options