Password incorrect when WMM is disabled.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 03:58:32
Model: Archer AX10000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(5553)

T-Mobile Home Internet is my ISP. There is a Gateway that acts as a modem/router/AP and is also the DHCP server. QoS can negatively affect throughput on this LAN so it is recommended to turn it off. However, my router is in AP mode and I don't see that. There is a WMM mode however. I tried to turn it off but when I do, the password no longer works and any given device is unable via WiFi. 

This same issue was reported on another model in a different section ot the TP-Link Community. The answer given was only that WMM should be turned on with no explanation about why the password no longer worked. It would be nice to resolve the password issue as well as know why WMM must always be on or if WMM can be a bottleneck.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Password incorrect when WMM is disabled.
2023-10-05 23:59:44

@autryld We're also having this issue on an Archer AXE16000. Our Apple devices are struggling with just randomly losing connection to the router for zero reason, and saw a suggestion online to try disabling WMM, but as soon as we did, the router just tells all devices "Password incorrect". This router is becoming very close to being returned with all the issues we're having at this rate.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 416

Replies: 1

Related Articles