Deco, Can a Friend and I Split a 2-Pack?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 00:40:47
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

The BE95 2-Pack covers a lot more sq ft than my friend's and my house combined.  I was wondering if TP-Link has any issue with us splitting the cost of the 2-pack and then using 1 unit at each of our homes?  This would likely save us both some money over each buying a 1-pack.  I just want to verify we wouldn't void the warranty doing so?

Thank you for any advice, and take care.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco, Can a Friend and I Split a 2-Pack?
2023-08-03 06:24:54

@jzchen 

Hi, it would work well if you plan to set up two BE95s separately in different locations.

A small notice: The WiFi 6/6E/7 Deco models in the same pack are pre-configured. So if your friend lived next door, he might notice his Deco BE95 is automatically online without connecting to his service provider, which is probably because his unit has connected to yours.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Options
Re:Deco, Can a Friend and I Split a 2-Pack?
2023-08-03 15:19:09

@David-TP Thank you for the very quick response!

I wish we were next door neighbors and I took the satellite router!  (His area is in "pre-construction" development by Sonic ISP which offers 10 Gbps fiber service for only $49.99/mo, while we have been paying Frontier $74.99/mo for 1 Gbps fiber.

My friend will decide when he gets service which router model suits his situation best.  If he passes I'll try to get the 1-piece unit....

So far I have two TP-Link REs and one AP.  Hopefully soon I'll move to contributing to this side of the forum!

Take care.

Options