Questions For Buying Gear For Indoor/Outdoor Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 17:05:59

Hello!  I'm spec'ing out a replacement wifi setup for a club. There is a metal building on the site, and then we want to cover as much of the outdoors areas as possible.Currently I have an older Ubiquiti donated system with the base router by the cable modem in the center of the building (with a couple hardwire things plugged in as well) and then the satellite units right by the exterior walls inside and plugged in.  It works pretty well but it's getting old and ideally we'd like to expand the outdoor coverage eventually. 

So I'm looking at a AXE5400 (Deco XE75) for the indoor unit (I have a couple things that have to plug in hardwire) and then two AX3000/Deco X50-Outdoor units just outside the metal building.  

I assume these units work together?  Speed isn't a huge concern (they are paying for a very slow old service anyway), I'm mostly just concerned about coverage and reliability. 

Does anyone see any issues with this?   

Thanks!

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:Questions For Buying Gear For Indoor/Outdoor Network
2023-08-14 06:19:47

@JohnH718 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco XE75 and Deco X50-Outdoor would work perfectly with each other.

Can different Deco models work together?

As for stability, If the situation allows, the Ethernet Backhaul between Decos would be highly recommended.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Questions For Buying Gear For Indoor/Outdoor Network
2023-08-14 14:17:05

@David-TP Thanks so much for the response!  I've submitted the proposal.

John

Options