Connection Preference setting fails in mixed environment

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-26 23:23:31
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: S4 4.0_en_1.1.1 Build 20230201 Rel. 37427_US_JP_EU_B4_ZG_up

I have six Deco S4 devices; three are hardware v2, and three are hardware v4.6. All have current firmware for their hardware version.

I'd like to use the Connection Preference feature on the newer models to create a daisy chain connection from a distant room to a central room and then to the main device. I've placed the newer devices in the distant rooms. The central room and main are both older devices.

In the Deco app, I can select a distant Deco, change its Connection Preference from Auto, then select my central Deco, but when I click "Save" an error is returned: "failed to save your settings". This happens every time. I've rebooted each Deco individually, and all at once from the webUI with no change in behavior.

Have I found a bug? Or is there some limitation to these devices that I'm not aware of?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection Preference setting fails in mixed environment
2023-09-27 09:06:19

@wrathskellar 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

There is a beta firmware that would help with the current issue. If you would like to test the beta firmware, please check your forum message box.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-27 16:00:54
Same problem persists after upgrading all three v2 devices.
Options
2023-09-28 05:57:08

@wrathskellar 

Hi, Thanks for the update. 

I am sorry the beta firmware did not help. Later I would like to follow up on your case via email and please check whether you have received my email.

In the meantime, I encourage you to consider the following suggestions to see whether they helped:
1. Restart the whole Mesh system once.
2. Run "Network Optimization" under Deco APP>More.
Then check again on the Deco APP whether they help automatically reselect the signal source.
If still no change, Please refer to this link to set Deco S4_V4 as the main Deco:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-28 15:33:18

@David-TP Done. Same problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 4

Related Articles