What app still supports OnHub TGR1900 - Google Home no longer supporting??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 16:08:49
Model: TGR1900  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: unknown

Hello All,

I have a legacy Google + TP Link wifi mesh network installed.

The central router is the TP-Link OnHub TGR1900 with Google WiFi extenders

I discovered recently that the management application 'Google Home' (my currently installed iOS version is 3.8.107) has changed dramatically and appears to no longer support these legacy wifi devices.  BTW I"m reaching out to Google Home to see if I can get confirmation of continued TP-Link product integration or not?  

If Google Home is no longer the app of choice to manage the TGR1900 - is there an alternative for discovering/initial configuration?

Gracias

f079b6e4618b454c8cd40251e18b580f

9b915d8524664758b774042d9ab7f3a6

Options
1 Reply
Re:What app still supports OnHub TGR1900 - Google Home no longer supporting??
2023-11-02 16:49:10

@AnotherJeff,

For the Google OnHub line, TP-Link was only the hardware manufacturer of the device. All firmware, functionalities, and features were created and managed by Google, with only the hardware being provided by TP-Link. We did not even provide support for the device, as Google's support team handled everything related to the device.

Unfortunately, as you are finding out, Google has officially ended the support of its OnHub line of routers. You can read more in their official post:

Support for Google OnHub routers ending

This is outside the control of TP-Link, and I do not believe that we have any ability or plans to take over the devices. I would however recommend looking at other forums to see if there is an open-source or third-party firmware that has been released so that it can be managed through some sort of interface.

Options