Upgrading to TP-Link DECO Mesh system destroyed my Plex server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgrading to TP-Link DECO Mesh system destroyed my Plex server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Upgrading to TP-Link DECO Mesh system destroyed my Plex server
2023-11-11 16:40:18

@dayglojago MTU is linked to each interface.

Under Windows, you can probably obtain the values using "netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface".

Options
2023-11-11 16:43:24

Figured it out!

Turns out that my homebridge VM was bogarding the IPv4 address, causing services hiosted on the non-VM windows machine to get confused and lose packets in reroute. I must have misconfigured homebridge when I set it up!

I first noticed it when I tried to doa whatismyip lookup and noticed that no IPv4 interface (or external IP) was being detected. What? Surely we haven't run out of v4 addresses yet. So I looked into it, and sure enough, homebridge was being a bit of a selfish dude, reserving IPs. I deleted the interface, bridge, reset the IP, and it worked great!

Options
2023-11-11 16:49:43

@dayglojago 

Great!
Hence not related to "since I got the TP-Link Deco"?  More a coincidence?

Options
2023-11-11 16:51:11

@yves_b Yeah, I suppose one of the first things I did is set up homebridge before testing plex, so this makes sense! Indeed, more of a coincidence.

Options
Related Articles