AX6000 parental block for Xbox

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-22 11:49:50
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.32

Using the router only, what categories can I block without breaking gameplay/comms? Trying to block anything related to adult content.  I understand it can slip in different ways (e.g. someone sharing it with my son).  These are the categories I have not checked yet: Download, Online Communication, Social Network and Games.  I'm thinking of trying them one by one.  It's just hard to understand what's behind those categories (e.g is Social Network specific to PC/phone apps?  Are Downloads required to get updates on the Xbox?).  I'm trying not to mess with the Xbox itself (though I understand that's an option).  Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX6000 parental block for Xbox
2023-11-24 01:13:01

@Barbs

If you can set dns in the router, change it to use one the blocks adult content such as cloudflair. There are others, some free and some with a fee. Google to see the other ones and how to set it.

Options
Re:AX6000 parental block for Xbox
2023-11-24 02:12:47

@ArcherC8 Thx- just set up opendns and tested.  Combined with router, pretty good coverage. :)

Options