Parental control log timestamp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-08 11:39:29
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20211208 rel.49262(5553)

Not sure if anyone else uses Parental controls on the AX6000, but even after exchanging numerous emails with tech support, it seems no one is aware of this bug. I've tried all the different scenarios. Changing the time servers, using PC time, as well as using 12hr AND 24hr time format. DST on and off. Time zone change (really messed with my settings).

My issue is the way it shows up in the log during the noon hour times. Any log entry for any "profile" on parental controls displays as 12:13am. Nowhere in the world would a time after the NOON hour would be AM designated.The log entries for after MIDNIGHT show as 0:13am. Now, these displayed values stay constant no matter which format I choose (12h or 24h).

It got to the point where tech support wanted to remote into my network to "check settings". That was a hard NO. Then they wanted my settings backup file to configure a router on their end to try and duplicate it. Again a hard NO.

I've sent screen shots of both times of the day with entries showing the erroneous times during the noon hour, but no one seems to be able to duplicate nor pinpoint the trouble area.

My only guess is some sort of coding error where the time is handed off to the parental controls log.

The reason it bugs me is.. if the system doesn't know it's after NOON, will it calculate the "screen time" limits correctly. It APPEARS to hold true to ths point so maybe it's simply an "a" being displayed instead of a "p". After 1pm, all is well again.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on it or maybe it's just something I need to ignore and move on. cool

Rich

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental control log timestamp
2022-07-13 02:25:16

Hello @FlightMedic33 

Can I know where did you view the log timestamp?

I found you attached two screenshots in the email communication with the tech support and the case was escalated to the support engineers, while as the engineers confirmed they cannot reproduce the issue you are reporting, that's why they would like to check if there is anything special in your configuration.

Can I know which time zone are you based in? We would suggest you work with our engineers to investigate this issue further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-07-13 11:56:17

@Kevin_Z I attached way more than 2 screenshots displaying the erroneous timestamp.

I view the timestamp in the Parental Controls, Device (Xbox in this case), INSIGHTS, and then click on the clock in the upper right. This gives me a listing of sites visited and a TIMESTAMP. No matter which device I choose, no matter what TIME ZONE I assign (major pain), doesn't matter if I choose DST or not, and it doesn't matter what format (12 or 24 hr) clock I choose. It shows up times after MIDNIGHT as 0:43am (for example) and times after NOON as 12:43am. So it really wouldn't matter what time zone I'm in, the time after the NOON hour should be PM not AM.

Your tech support wanted to remote into my home network (I actually laughed at that one) and the latest was to send a BACKUP of my router settings (another laugh).

I have confirmed the hardware and firmware version with them. I was very understanding when dealing with the tier 1 support folks and their cookbook lists, as well as when I had to repeat myself at least 4 times when I got handed off to the next "support" person.

I'm not an "engineer" nor am I a programmer. Thus, I have no idea what commands would be involved in the configuration of the software and/or firmware to display the erroneous time for only the NOON hour times.

I have given up at this point and will simply continue on with my current settings. It APPEARS the time limits I have in place for internet access are calculated correctly even though the system displays 0:01am-0:59am for times after midnight and 12:01am-12:59am for times after noon. So maybe the router just counts to 12 in numerical order and doesn't care if its am of pm.

Thanks for chiming in, but I put it out in the community to see if anyone else had noticed it since your tech guys couldn't duplicate it.

Have a good day!

Options
2022-07-15 06:41:19

@FlightMedic33 

Got you. yes Thank you very much for your detailed information, we will soon check and confirm what's wrong with that. You may also report this to the engineer via email once again since they didn't duplicate it last time, I believe your detailed description will help locate the issue clearer.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 3

Related Articles