AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender won’t allow more devices to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-01 06:58:13
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418

My RE220 Range Extender won't allow any more then 16 devices to connect to it. Does anyone else have this low limit on devices that can connect to it? I have 16 smart lights/other devices connected to this Wi-Fi extender, all on the 2.4 ghz network and now it won't allow any other devices to connect. I can login to the extender on both my iPad and iPhone via the Tether app, but can't get any new devices to actually use the extended network like the product advertises, including the same iPhone that can connect to the extender using the app to manage the network.
Tether advertises that 20 devices can connect to the this product so is there some reason I can not add anymore? The devices can see the extender's network just fine and I have the latest firmware. Did a full reset on the extender too, but no improvements.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender won’t allow more devices to connect
2023-12-01 18:02:48

@BriKeo,

I believe that the RE220 has a maximum limit of 16 devices per band, with a recommended maximum of 16.

If possible, you may try moving one of the devices to the 5GHz band to free up a slot, if one of them supports both bands.

Something else to consider is that the max devices is usually in regards to the extenders ACTIVE connections, so if you have devices that are not always awake and connected to the extender, you could theoretically provide access to more than 16, just not all at the same time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 1

Related Articles