How to switch from a 5GHz network to a 2.4GHz network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-17 15:36:52
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently upgraded an old router to a tp-link AX3000 Pro.  I believe when I installed it, it asked if I wanted to install it with 2.4GHz or 5GHz.  I chose the 5GHz setting.  Unfortunately, it looks like that was a bad decision, as some of my devices (printer, smart bulb) seem only able to work on a 2.4GHz network.  The speed of a 2.4GHz network should be more than sufficient for my needs and I was wondering what would be the easiest way to get to convert to a 2.4GHz setup.  I'm hoping I don't have to uninstall and then reinstall from scratch.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stew

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to switch from a 5GHz network to a 2.4GHz network
2023-12-18 00:11:51

@sgitlin 

just go to your wireless settings. Turn off (uncheck) smart connect if set on. You should see both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. Name each SSID different, turn Hide SSID off, and you should be able to connect devices to either one you want. You can use both. 

Options
Re:How to switch from a 5GHz network to a 2.4GHz network
2023-12-18 01:28:58

@ArcherC8 Thanks Archer C8.  I'll give that a try.  I thought there should be a way to access either 2.4 and 5GHz network, just didn't know how to do it.  Thanks again,

Stew

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9986

Replies: 2

Related Articles