DECO X20 - Unpair Satellite Deco from Main Deco and use as another AP from another ISP router

DECO X20 - Unpair Satellite Deco from Main Deco and use as another AP from another ISP router

2024-03-18 09:58:21 - last edited 2024-03-18 09:59:48
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Good day,

I have a Deco X20 (3-pack) and would like to inquire if it is possible to unpair one of the satellite deco to the main deco and use it as an AP for another network?

Below is the sample diagram. I tried removing one of the satellite deco in the mobile app and reset the 3rd deco but unfortunately, it still keeps blinking red (which indicates that it is disconnected from the main deco),

I appreciate any help that can be done to achieve this setup. Thank you very much :)

4940c07793644e56b75044f2a72c149e

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO X20 - Unpair Satellite Deco from Main Deco and use as another AP from another ISP router
2024-03-19 06:39:57

@jrselisana 

Hi, Are these two modems in the same location?

Deco X20s in the same package are pre-configured so when one of Deco is set up successfully, the rest units will automatically seek the Mesh connection from the first main Deco unit.

If these two modems are within the WiFi range of Decos, it is suggested to power off other Deco X20s when setting up the 3rd Deco X20 with modem2. Then reset it again by holding the reset pinhole for 1s and wait for it to turn to flashing blue.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 188

Replies: 1

Related Articles