Slow LAN through my Linksys LGS116P switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-06 05:14:11
Tags: #Wi-Fi 7 #Deco
Model: Deco BE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hi! I just upgraded from a eeeo pro mesh to a single BE 95 today. Wireless speeds are great, but my lan is suffering.

i have an older Linksys LGS116P 16 port 1gbe unmanaged switch with 8 POE. With my eero, my PC would get 950mbps over my 1200 Mbps Comcast connection.

when connecting the switch to the Deco in either 2.5 or 10ghz ports, I get anywhere from 240 to 400 mbps.

if I plug my pc directly into the router on any port, I get 1180 Mbps 

I have tried several cat 6 cables to the switch.

inhave disconnected everything from the switch and router other than the patch cable and my PC. Zero difference.

i have power cycled my switch.

my Apple TV downstairs which is connected to a 1gbe netgear switch which connects to the Linksys over in wall cat 6e gets 118 Mbps.

something seriously wrong. Is my Linksys just having problems negotiating speeds on these multi gig ports?

thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow LAN through my Linksys LGS116P switch
2024-02-07 09:17:48

@Steveriggins 

Hi, welcome to the community.

How about the cable speed on the PC if we temporarily adjust the network diagram a little bit:

Comcast--->cable---BE95---->cable---Netgear gigabit switch----PC, disconnecting the Linksys switch yet.

Would it be still less than 400m/s?

I would like to follow up on your case via email in case the case needs to be forwarded the engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Slow LAN through my Linksys LGS116P switch
2024-02-07 17:31:32

Thanks!

for some reason, after I plugged everything back into the switch, about an hour later my speed returned again to its full glory and has been fine.

I have no idea what was going on but will keep an eye out. I am guessing there was noise from something. I will keep you posted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles