Archer AX55 Pro - Consistent Router Malfunction Every Day at Same Time

Archer AX55 Pro - Consistent Router Malfunction Every Day at Same Time

14 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 Pro - Consistent Router Malfunction Every Day at Same Time
Friday - last edited Friday

@Kevin_Z  thank you for your quick reply.   (i should probably remind everyone that i have AX55. NOT the AX55 Pro)

the problem i have is the same as @JBingus. a daily disconnect, every day, roughly the same time.

My ISP provides a router which i connect with Ethernet to -> AX55 -> and then everything in my home is connected.

i have a gaming PC and raspberry PI (pi-hole) which are both on Ethernet. the rest of the home devices are connected over wifi to AX55.

Additionally i have my NAS on the AX55. USB3 with external drive.

i don't see how the power-line is relevant, but yes i have an extender with a few other devices which are ok.

my ISP is CYTANET

the LED's are all ON when it happens.

Because the time is roughly the same every day, i was able to do ping -t and at the moment of the disconnect it times out 3-4 pings. so the problem is 10-15 seconds. which is enough to screw up gaming.

Another day i was transferring files to the NAS and it just happened to be on the same time frame, the file transfer was interrupted. The next day i tested the NAS on a smart TV which is connected over wifi and at the predicted time it lost connection (i don't remember the exact message).

i did a few more tests on ISP router. which proofs 90% that the problem is on AX55 and i believe its not just the internet that stops working.

on the AX55 logs, it don't say anything about it when the disconnection occurs.

Options
Friday

@Critian 

Thank you very much for providing detailed information about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you please let us know the current hardware version and firmware version of your AX55? If it’s hardware V1, we recommend upgrading to the pre-release version 1.3.3 to see if it resolves the disconnection issue:

Pre-release Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 1.3.3 Brings a Host of New Features and Optimizations

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Friday

@Kevin_Z 

its Archer AX55(EU) V1.0. i followed your recommendation and upgraded to pre-release 1.3.3. (i was on 1.3.2)

i will let you know how it goes.

Thank you for your support.

Options
Saturday

@Critian 

Please monitor the connectivity for more than 48 hours and let us know if the pre-release version resolves the issue. Thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options