Phillips Hue Bridge not visible in Deco app and unpairs Harmony Hub from Hue Bridge with power loss

Phillips Hue Bridge not visible in Deco app and unpairs Harmony Hub from Hue Bridge with power loss

2024-05-01 21:26:44
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20231225

Twice after a power outage, when power is restored, my series of Harmony Hub remotes loses its pairing with my Phillips Hue Bridge. I assume Deco is reassigning an IP address to the (Ethernet Connected) Hue Bridge when power is restored so the paired IP address associated with the Harmony Hubs is no longer correct. After the first power loss I was able to re-pair the Harmony Hub(s) to the Hue Bridge but now after the latest power failure the Harmony Hubs fail to pair or even see the Hue Bridge. For years I have used Harmony Hub and Hue Bridge together to dim the lights when I start my front projection home theater. My other mesh router did not encounter this unpairing issue when power was interrupted. Also curious is my Hue Bridge is not visible in Deco app client list. On the bright side even when power is lost, when restored, all my Hue Bridge lights and switches continue to work normally via the Hue app or Amazon Alexa. (Or even the Deco app) I see an IP address reservation option in the Deco app, but without Deco showing the Hue Bridge IP address, it can’t be used.  Can you help me restore Harmony Hub remote lighting control and get my Harmony Hubs stably paired to my Hue Bridge so it can survive the occasional power outage?  Otherwise, I think the TP-Link mesh system is an improvement over my previous mesh setup.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 215

Replies: 0

Related Articles