Unable to remote ping (ICMP ping) Archer AX73 (AX5400) via WAN IP to remotely check internet status

Unable to remote ping (ICMP ping) Archer AX73 (AX5400) via WAN IP to remotely check internet status

2024-05-12 21:33:23
Tags: #ping
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am unable to remote ping (ICMP ping) Archer AX73 (AX5400) via WAN IP to remotely check internet status. I have updated to the latest firmware and in the router settings I have the setting enabled: Advanced->Security->Firewall->Responds to Pings from WAN.

I do not have this issue when using another router and the same wan ip so definitely seems to be the router itself not responding to the remote incoming pings.

I have dynamic IP, DHCP enabled, NAT enabled, no forwarded ports. I can ping the WAN IP (ISP IP) via the router diagnostics page and get a response but not from any remote machine/server.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to remote ping (ICMP ping) Archer AX73 (AX5400) via WAN IP to remotely check internet status
2024-05-16 14:42:19

Hi @bathtank,

Is your WAN source a modem or a gateway (modem + router combo)? If the latter, this could introduce a double NAT scenario and prevent a ping response from the WAN.

Do you happen to have any of the HomeShield features enabled on the router? 

Options
Re:Unable to remote ping (ICMP ping) Archer AX73 (AX5400) via WAN IP to remotely check internet status
2024-05-19 00:58:52

@Ryan thanks was able to fix it. Seems like the gateway from my isp was blocking it. Was able to connect an Ethernet cable and login to the admin page of the gateway and disable the firewall from blocking response of wan pings and now all is working!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 290

Replies: 2

Tags

ping
Related Articles