Too warm to touch

Too warm to touch

Too warm to touch
Too warm to touch
2024-07-30 21:21:02

Just now installed both adapters. One got too hot to touch and network signal comes and goes.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Too warm to touch
2024-07-31 00:10:39

Hey @laroya,

It is not uncommon for networking devices, particularly powerline devices, from generating a surprising amount of heat. But I would recommend trying to plug the adapter into another outlet on another circuit and see if the behavior follows the adapter. Powerline connections are particularly susceptible to interference caused by other devices or appliances on the circuit - which can affect both the network and hardware performance.

Also, are you plugging the device directly into the outlet? Extension cords and powerstrips can have a severe impact on the connection.

Options
2024-07-31 15:56:54

@Riley_S 

Yes, plugged directly into outlet. Don't want to plug into a different outlet since that is where my device is located. I cannot move the device to another location. I've had WD powerline in the past and heat was not a factor at all.  Seems to be an issue with tpLink product.

Options
2024-07-31 16:40:58

@laroya,

In that case, I would recommend getting in touch with our support team directly, where they can troubleshoot and see what can be done for the device. They will likely want you to try different circuits to confirm the behavior and heat, but they will be best suited to help you out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 3

Related Articles