Some Devices not showing any traffic in the Tether app

2024-08-07 16:11:52
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20240528 rel.49883(5553)

As you can see with the image, I have 4 devices out of like 30 that show zero traffic every day all day. The devices in question are my two 2015, Nvidia shields Pro/standard, a siliconDust HDHomeRun Connect and a stand alone Ihome Speaker.

Now I can understand the HDhomerun being a tuner, not really going to be going out to the internet that much or the Ihome. However, I use both Nvidia shields every day to stream movies/shows. When I click on them it does kind of get some somewhat of a total but I should be seeing usage by the hour and how much.

Anyone seen something like this where certain devices are not showing any traffic?

I am running a TP-link Archer BE800

Firmware Version:
1.1.5 Build 20240528 rel.49883(5553)

Hardware Version:
Archer BE800 v1.0

Options
10 Reply
Re:Some Devices not showing any traffic in the Tether app
2024-08-07 18:01:54

@ASiDiE 

This traffic monitor is based on active traffic so if there is no traffic passing at the time of review they will show as 0 up and 0 down, just like shown in your screenshot.  Now if they are not showing any traffic while in use that would be a concern to address 

Options
2024-08-07 18:41:41

@Carl 

Carl,

I understand about the active traffic but that is not it.   These 4 devices are at the bottom and they never regester any type of traffic at all.   Its not just real time traffic but all traffic in general.   I have been watching items on this device this morning but nothing is being logged.   Now with the second picture you can see that it does know there is some traffic going through with the 45GB listed (this is over seveal days or weeks)

a2b6f492ae17448392e72cf27fcf4a74

8926a9e412694b45a2d4a047b44badea

Options
2024-08-07 20:18:10

@ASiDiE 

Let me look into this a bit more and get back you on that. 

Options
2024-08-07 21:41:33

@ASiDiE 

Working with QA/Engineering.  They would like to know the following infomation on your phone/Tablet that Tether is installed on

Manufacturer:

Model:

Frimware Version:

OS Version

Tether App Version 

Options
2024-08-07 23:53:17 - last edited 2024-08-08 00:08:22

@Carl 

Iphone 15 Pro Max

IOS 17.6

Tether App: 4.7.4 (Latest)

I also want to point out that I just did a test, and if I am watching those devices, I do get real time Download/Upload values.  However, the real issue here is for these devices, nothing is being recorded or totaled for the day.   I do get Total Traffic usage but don't know how accurate that is.

When I first saw this, I did do a full reset of the BE800 Router and re-downloaded the app and it didn't fix it for these devices.

I want to point out that on my Nvidia shields I do have Developer Options enabled and USB Debugging and Network Debugging has been turned on so I can remote into these devices.   I guess I could turn that off for a bit and see if that changes anything.    

I almost have a feeling that something is grabbing or preventing these data to be collected.  I will let you know on the debugging options

Options
2024-08-08 14:27:15

@ASiDiE 

I turned off those optoins and still nothing showed up.  I am going to reach out to the Nvidia Shield forums and see if they have seen anything like this with their devices.

Options
2024-08-12 20:03:12

@Carl 

Carl,

Anything else you need from me to try to figure out what is going on here?

Thanks.

Options
2 weeks ago

@ASiDiE 

I guess this just died..... got no support on this issue... Really wish you didn't hi-jack my reddit post if you are not going to do anything over here.  

Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@ASiDiE 

Apologies for the delay. Our dev team has been working on this case, and I will be following up with you via email to provide further assistance.

In the meantime, can you please let us know whether you have updated the firmware of your Archer BE800 to the latest release, which was just published in late August (V1.6_1.1.6 Build 20240808)? You can find it on our website here.

Options
a week ago

@ASiDiE 

just purchased an Archer 53 and also don't see any traffic data in the app. Running on iPhone 13 Pro with latest iOS updates

Options