Confusing Speed Test with Deco X68 mesh

2024-08-16 18:10:43
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I am troubled because of 2 things that happened this week and not sure what is going on.

1. Got a notification that a "bug" need to be fixed with a firmware update to one of the devices on my network an X20 was added years ago because I could not buy just one X65 to expand my coverage. Ok so the firmware went in, the system re-booted and all was good. 

Then!

AT&T fiber went out for a day, came back and I noticed slow speeds to all my devices, I have a 300mbps service but each device PC, cell phone, etc was getting only 5mbps or less. My system is AT&T Fiber modem > Deco X65 > ethernet cable to> 16 port TPLink switch + 2 &5 GHz WiFi

BUT when I removed the cable to the 16 port switch and direct into the Deco I got 300mbps. If I connected directly to the Fiber modem, I got the same thing.

I had not made any system changes except to update the firmware on the X20.

I connected all back, and rebooted the Deco, as well as the fiber modem.. same problem.  The Deco was limiting the speed to my devices.

Fustrated, I went to bed.

This morning, everything is running a top speed, no throttled device.

I am worried as I read that the "New" firmware is supposed to let me manage speed to each device. It seems there is a bug in the last firmware.

What has anyone else experienced?

Extra Class Ham Radio Operator.. building and making electronics is fun.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Confusing Speed Test with Deco X68 mesh
2024-08-17 00:04:02
Wait, did you try unplugging and plugging back in the switch? It seemed you bypassed the switch and connected directly to the Deco X65 and speed was normal?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles