New router 2gb internet but gaming lag thru LAN cable

2024-08-20 02:40:48
Model: Archer BE9300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: New

So I have Xfinity I recently upgraded to 2k mbts, so I had to upgrad my router to new be550 wifi 7 system. I was looking forward to playing some online multiplayer but for some reason I lag as soon as I get into a match. I'm connected thru cat8 lan cables ! I'm not sure what settings i need to change for the router to allow me to play at the speeds I have. On the WiFi 5g connection I'm good and I don't lag. But what's going on with my lan settings for it not to allow me to game. I'm alittle bummed I don't want to open ports to possibly get hacked or get my information stolen thru the web. 
please help guys thank you for your time 

Options
1 Reply
Re:New router 2gb internet but gaming lag thru LAN cable
2024-08-21 20:20:58

Hey @Ceecee831 

Welcome to the community, and Wi-Fi 7!

Is the router's firmware fully up to date? Check the steps here for instructions.

Some more info that would help us figure out what might be going on:

1. Are there any other performance anomalies you're running into other than when you enter an online multiplayer game match?

2. Does it only occur in a specific game or all games?

3. What game (or games) is it?

4. Have you performed any speed tests to verify you're receiving adequate bandwidth, and low latency from your Internet provider? If so, what were the results?

5. Are there any other connectivity or speed issues occurring on any devices in the network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 1

Related Articles