How to connect HS200 in dual light switch with one power source?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-27 02:23:41
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm trying to install the HS200 and connected the wires per the instructions; however, my setup has a 3rd black wire that is the power source (see arrow pointing to the hoop in the picture) and connects to both light switches.  How do I connect to that single source line? Wrap one of the tp-link black wires around it to get the power?  When I turn the breaker back on, only the light switch that connects the the fan is working and I'm confident it's because of the single source wire not being connected to the smart siwtch.  Any thoughts?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to connect HS200 in dual light switch with one power source?
2020-02-27 02:58:47

@Cmcsr03 

On the old switch you had two black wires on one screw.

Those two black wires should connect to one of the black wire on the HS200.

On the old switch you had one black wire going to the other screw.

That black wire should go to the other black wire on the HS200.

And it looks like you have the HS200 white and green connected correctly.

Options
Re:How to connect HS200 in dual light switch with one power source?
2020-02-27 04:25:30

@B.Will Thanks for responding.  On the old switch, there were two black wires going straight into the back of the switch - one at the top and one at the bottom and the hoop connected to the side with a screw. I ended up connecting one black wire to the top black wire and the other black wire I wrapped around the source wire and secured with electrical tape and that worked so I'm good to go now. . 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3023

Replies: 2