Unable to connect my smart plug to my college wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-04 07:01:57

I live on a college campus where we have to register our devices that we want connected to out internet other than phones and laptops. I have registed my smart plug, but it still will not connect to the internet. I had it to where it was on the "local only" setting, but it still would not connect to the internet so I thought maybe something happened during set up. I deleted it and began to reconnect it, but now I can't get past the part of set up where you have to connect to Wi-Fi and the app wont let me connect to the campus Wi-Fi. Is anyone else that lives on campus having this problem? And if so, how do I fix it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect my smart plug to my college wifi
2020-03-04 22:27:27

@Kenna 

The smart plugs require the Wi-Fi be password protected. If your college Wi-Fi is a open network then the plug will not work. 

Options
2020-03-27 07:44:13

@Kenna Hi,

Did you find the solution or any fixes's to this problem i was also trying to solve it but unable to solve it.

Options
2021-03-27 23:52:35

@Kenna  had same problem until I typed the password into my network instead of using auto login

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3331

Replies: 3