Tp-link N300. Travel router logging in with a hidden SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-07 15:12:11 - last edited 2020-10-07 21:25:29
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

So I'm having an issue with my travel router.  I can't connect to it with the tether app or going online and using the IP address.   I changed the SSID amd I set it to not broadcast the Ssid. Bc I set up a guest network on it.  The idea was to sign into the router via. My iPhone XR with the feather change everything and then set up the guest network for all the other devices.   I had someone access my labtop remotely with out telling me first and they actually was able to change some stuff on my router.  It was a " prank".   So now.  How do I access the router. I've tried windows and even intel making a profile. And setting it to connect without broadcast and it tries but I get 

403 forbid

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tp-link N300. Travel router logging in with a hidden SSID-Solution
2020-10-07 19:27:59 - last edited 2020-10-07 21:25:29

@Duckedup 

The easiest way is to simply reset it an log back in however as long as you have access to the LAN via an ethernet cable or the wireless you should be able to access the router via the gateway address.  Now if they changed your admin credentials and you do not know what they are then you would have to reset the device to factory to get access again.  

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp-link N300. Travel router logging in with a hidden SSID-Solution
2020-10-07 19:27:59 - last edited 2020-10-07 21:25:29

@Duckedup 

The easiest way is to simply reset it an log back in however as long as you have access to the LAN via an ethernet cable or the wireless you should be able to access the router via the gateway address.  Now if they changed your admin credentials and you do not know what they are then you would have to reset the device to factory to get access again.  

Recommended Solution
Options