Which smart switches do I need?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-28 02:40:36

I am in the middle of a basement remodel at my parents house and I am trying to decide which switches I need to convert the current setup into a smart setup. Please see attached for reference. Currently I have a 3 gang box at the bottom of the stairway, one switch is in 3way with the switch at the top of the stairs (zone3), one is in 3 way with zone 2, and one is in 3 way with zone 1. I have a 2 gang box with the other ends of zone 1 and 2 by the couch, these are dimmer switches. 

I want all zones to be smart, but only need dimming capabilities for zones 1 and 2.

Thanks for any help.

Ryan

File:
basement project.jpegDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Which smart switches do I need?
2020-12-01 23:40:28

@Rlawlyes1 

You can install one HS210 for each three-way circuit, but since you have three you can get two HS210 kits and use two HS210s for one of the three-way circuits. The dimmer switches would be used with the HS220, which the HS220 works with single pole dimmer outlets, and are not three-way dimmer outlets.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1

Related Articles