HS200 light switch disconnects from network soon after setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-16 04:21:13
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

This issue started recently 45 days after its flawless operation since first time install. Device becomes often unreachable. I investigated if it's network connectivity or WiFi channel interface but unlikely. What I see is that when it's working and disable wifi, the WiFi indicator turns on to flashing green. But it it goes to offline state if I then disable WiFi, the WiFi status indicator remains simply off and only oval white donut shaped white diode remains on. The light switch seems malfunction. I have other tp link Kasa devices connected to the same WiFi without issues (smart plugs hs105 and hs110). There is only one AP with dedicated SSID for 2.4Ghz, band with no roaming or band steering.

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 light switch disconnects from network soon after setup
2021-01-18 17:13:15

@Blguy17 

The two things I would try before reaching out to support would be to factory default the switch by holding the small right button for 15 seconds. While that is rebooting, enable the guest network for your router, and try to connect the HS200 to the guest network. If it does connect you can leave it on that network. Your app will automatically switch to "remote" control when there is no local access and you will still control it like you did before.

Options
Re:HS200 light switch disconnects from network soon after setup
2021-01-18 19:21:43

@Tony it looks like disabling multicast to unicast stream conversions helped stabilize. Not sure how's it's related since it's typically for streaming videos but maybe there is a chance there is a bug in my firmware. But apparently now my smart plug hs105 staterted  going offline in place of hs200 (blinking blue)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 2

Related Articles