“Local network permission needed” message in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

“Local network permission needed” message in app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:“Local network permission needed” message in app
2022-01-14 08:30:37

@RichBa 

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me.

What you said makes sense but we haven’t received any similar feedback about “local network permission” will make LAN access of Deco unavailable.

Normally, if you could finish the setup, we think IOS has allowed local access to the Deco APP.

Currently, Are you having any issues with the LAN access via the Deco APP, such as being unable to change the WAN settings of Deco or IPTV/VLAN/Operation Mode?

Options
2022-01-18 00:14:47

@TP-Link I am having a similar problem.  I recently purchased the kasa smart power strip.  I didn't receive any kind of prompt to grant the strip access to my local network and don't have any way on my phone to do as far as I can tell.  When I open the "local network" menue you have pictured I see a list of apps that have requested access to the local network and kasa isn't on it.  I have no way (that I can figure out) to add kasa to it.  Is there a solution or do I have to return the strip cause right now it won't work at all?

Options
2022-01-18 02:58:35

@TP-Link Well, I just looked on my phone and it's working now. The local access option appears in both the Deco settings and in Privacy...Local Access too. I did get release 15.2.1 pushed to my phone. Maybe that did it?

Options
2022-01-18 03:18:50

@RichBa 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Actually, I am not sure what might have changed since I can see the local network option on the Deco APP even on 15.1 and 14.8.

May We can get some feedback from JB12345.

Hi, may I know your IOS version? and maybe you could try to update to 15.2.1 to see if there is any change on the Kasa APP?

Thank you and wait for your update.

Options