Cant add HS110 to Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-06 15:24:46
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have been trying to connect 2 different HS110 smart plugs to my Kasa app but I'm unable to connect them.

After connecting to smart plug wifi it asks me to connect smart plug into my home wifi. (it doesn't let me name it like in setup videos that I have seen)

I enter the wifi password but then it asks me to connect my phone to the home wifi. It shows me a screen where I can open my phone settings to connect to wifi or click that I'm already connected.

If I connect my phone to the wifi it goes to the "Connecting Smart Plug to your Home Network" screen and smart plug blinks green. After ~20-30 seconds the smart plug starts to blink orange and green again. After about a minute it asks me to restart the setup.

If I click that I'm already connected to the wifi then I receive the same result but faster..

At first I thought maybe I had a faulty plug so I ordered a new one but the new one also doesn't work..

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cant add HS110 to Kasa app
2021-03-08 17:31:05

@Eedik 

Start with verifying the wireless password you are using in the Kasa for the smart plug is correct.

With your smartphone, forget your wireless network, then connect back to it so you are prompted for the wireless password. Enter the same wireless password you were putting during the smart plug setup to see if it connects.

If the password checks out, if possible, try a different smartphone.

Here are other things to test/try including what I mentioned above: https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/kb/detail/163

Options
2021-03-08 21:07:19

@Tony 

The password is correct, I did the steps and my phone connected to wifi fine. 

I also tried connecting smart plug with 2 different phones (1 apple and 1 android). Both failed to connect after "connect to wifi" step. 

I also tried the steps shown in the graph... 

Options
2021-03-10 22:51:46

@Eedik 

What is the model of the router you are trying to set up the plug with?

Options
2021-03-11 11:31:33

@Tony 

The router is: Technicolor TG389ac

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 569

Replies: 4

Related Articles