AP Mode Isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP Mode Isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP Mode Isolation
AP Mode Isolation
2021-04-20 18:37:04
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 51225

I've switched to using my Deco's in AP mode and use the "Isolation" switch. Can anyone tell me if this uses a VLAN to seperate the traffic, and if it (like in router mode) uses VLAN ID 591? 

I want to *try* and extend the Guest network with my existing router, but don't know if it's possible (will the AP's send tagged packets to main router?)

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP Mode Isolation
2021-07-29 07:35:27

@RichT way late to the game here, but I can confirm that 591 is the correct VLAN ID if you haven't tested yet, I have a similar configuration.

Options
Re:AP Mode Isolation
2021-07-30 02:13:15

@crpntr 

Hi, the VLAN ID 591 is used to separate host and guest networks under wireless router mode.

Under AP mode, the guest network is only allowed to access the gateway and does not use VLAN for separation this time.

So under AP mode, if there is a smart management switch between Deco nodes, there is no need to add the additional VLAN on the switch.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 617

Replies: 2

Related Articles