How to Turn Off Sound?...and other oddities

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-27 17:40:08 - last edited 2021-07-27 18:34:08
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

Hello everyone.  Two questions:

How do you completely turn off sound, for both monitoring and recording.  I don't need or want sound at all.  I found where to turn it off for recording, but monitoring?  I don't want to hear myself or any sounds echoing .   Is there a way to mute the mic? There is a mic icon on the main screen lit up blue, which I assumed was turn the mic off and on, but when I click on it, it just beeps and rings a tone that also echos on and on... does not turn the mic off. What is that icon supposed to do?

And I have 24/7 recording enabled, notifications off.  I click on 24/7 Recording and see the recording and when motion detected.   But, In the area of the main screen where it has two tabs, Pan/Tilt and Activity, the Activity tab says "no activity has been detected in the past 3 hours" , but there was activity and it was recorded.  Is there a difference between motion and activity?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to Turn Off Sound?...and other oddities
2021-07-28 10:02:25

@Lauranator Hello,
Do you want to turn off the sound when watch Live view? I'm afraid the mic could not be completely turned off. The button in blue should be Talk or Call feature.

Activity time on the main screen and motion detection time in Activity should be the same. Activity shows the video clip which triggered by sound or motion.

Can you confirm camera time zone is the same as the local time on your phone? If they still have different time, may I have the related photos and the current time zone of your camera? 

Thank you for your advice on the mic off feature, we would record your suggestion first for further evaluation. 

Options
2021-07-28 22:48:11

@Solla-topee 

Yes, the time zone is set correctly and has been.  But, even though there was activity the Activity tab still shows this

The motion detection clips have the correct time.

Also, I fixed the mic muting issue by putting some silly putty on it.  But really we ought to be able to mute it.  Thanks again.

Options
2021-07-29 07:58:35

@Lauranator Hello, 

Thank you for your idea on the mic,  the photo you provide may help me to figure out what happened. 

KC115 uses SD card does not have free cloud storage, but Activity relies on cloud storage service on Kasa camera to work (detect motion triggered -> video clip uploaded to cloud->pushed to Activity). So for KC115 or KC105 users need to subscribe kasa care to use Activity. 

For the Kasa care plan on different cameras, please check here:  What is Kasa Care?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2120/

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1307

Replies: 3