tp-link account ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tp-link account ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tp-link account ?
tp-link account ?
2021-09-10 16:14:08
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So, I just installed a pair of Deco X68, replacing a Calix router supplied by my ISP.  Setup went easy enough, but it asked to create an account so I supplied by email address and a password.  Now I'm wondering exactly what that account was for and where it and its password is used.  At an earlier time I had been using a tp-link router (forgot the model) and at that time had established this user forum account.  When I came here to inquire about the usage of the account/password I created during the Deco setup, I was most surprised to find my previously saved password was not valid, so on a guess I entered the one I used to initiate setup of the Deco.  Even more surprised that it was accepted.

So, the question is, what are the places that use the account I setup during the Deco setup?  What is the connection between that and these user forums? 

I do see that if I try to access the  router from a browser on my laptop (using its IP address as the url) it prompts for a password and accespts the same one I created on setup..  Any place else?

Options
2 Reply
Re:tp-link account ?
2021-09-13 02:33:58

@stuckyville 

Hi, the TP-Link Cloud ID is also the account to log in Deco APP, Tether APP, Kasa, and Tapo APP, which is only used for Forum ID and warranty system.

Once you changed the password on any of them, you might need to log into all the platforms via the new password.

Options
Re:tp-link account ?
2021-09-13 13:57:06

@TP-Link Thanks for the feedback.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 599

Replies: 2

Related Articles