Time Sync Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Time Sync Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Time Sync Issue
Time Sync Issue
2021-09-30 15:59:32
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.3.9

I have hardware version 3.0 (your drop down menu to select this only shows V#'s)  

The sync issue is this:  I keep getting messages telling me to sync my time with Kasa Cam.  I do this, then the a few days or so later, the same message comes up, I sync again.... and this routine keeps repeating.  

I related issue is that when I click on Activity tab it says "no activity has been detected in the past 3 hours", which isn't true, there has been detected activity and recorded clips.  I mentioned this issue here a while back and I was advised to check to make sure the time was synced ... which I did, but, as I said it won't stay in sync.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Time Sync Issue
2021-10-08 08:46:02

Hello@Lauranator ,

Thank you for your feedback, may  I have a photo of the Syn Time message on the Kasa app?

• If app always remind to sync the time, you could try to lower the firewall settings on router & Modem. And check if router firewall has blocked any requests from kasa camera.
  • Check if there is any Advanced settings on router like access control/ parental control settings may affect the camera
  • Change router's DNS to 8.8.8.8/ 8.8.4.4
  • Make sure camera is connected to router directly, not through other AP or Range extenders
  • Make sure tapo firmware in Kasa app and Kasa APP version are both up to date 

If the same problem, may I know the model of your router? Does camera connect to Wi-Fi router directly or through extenders?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1

Related Articles