HS103 no longer works with shortcuts in iOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS103 no longer works with shortcuts in iOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:HS103 no longer works with shortcuts in iOS
2021-10-17 22:50:17

@jasonpbyu Same problem here, my shortcuts were working last night and stopped this morning. I tried disconnecting and re-adding one device but same problem persists. Restarted phone, tried a number of other things but no dice. Just bought a ton of bulbs and outlets too. Some coming tomorrow in the mail, I'm using them to change colors on the front of the house for holidays. Hopefully it is just an issue that can be fixed with an update. I haven't found a solution yet.

Options
2021-10-18 02:21:59

Hello@MacGarage , currently our team is investigating the issue on Shortcuts, I will update on this thread if I get any update about this. 

Besides, we have not got any internal news about the removal of this feature, this looks an issue need to be fixed, let us wait for the progress.

Options
2021-10-21 03:21:25

@vectyr I found three options that work;

1, Create 'Scenes' in the Kasa app then trigger these from shortcuts rather than Turn On/Off (Not all devices are covered by this)

2,roll back the app to the previous version 

3, If you use IFTTT create webhooks for your actions and use the shortcut command 'Get Contents of URL' in stead of the Kasa turn on/off

also I use SmartThings for other devices, so I ran a little test and Kasa devices still appear to work in automations, so it appears to be a  Shortcuts integration/permissions issue

Come on TP-Link how hard can it be?

Options
Re:HS103 no longer works with shortcuts in iOS-Solution
2021-10-22 11:24:13 - last edited 2021-11-04 06:26:48

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and patience! There will be a new  Kasa app (v2.35.1)  released to fix Shortcuts issue caused by  Kasa app update (V 2.35.0).

Problem Description :   since v2.35.0  IOS  Kasa app update,  kasa device stopped working with IOS Shortcuts. 

Solution/Fix:    fixed on Kasa app v2.35.1 , update  your Kasa Smart APP in APP store.

NOTE:  this thread will be closed after the fix on 22 Oct,2021.  If you  have other concerns with shortcuts, please start a new thread from here. Thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-26 12:26:18

@Solla-topee 

I am happy to report that v2.35.1 fixes the Shortcuts issue for me. Thanks!

Options