Disconnecting Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disconnecting Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Disconnecting Camera
Disconnecting Camera
2021-10-19 00:01:44
Model: KC410S  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I connected my camera just fine yesterday and this morning it disconnected. Now I can't seem to connect it again, the app says it has no devices. If I try to reset it and connect, the setup works just fine until I'm nearly done, then it says the camera is not associated to its old account anymore and it goes back to saying no devices. What am I doing wrong?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Disconnecting Camera
2021-10-27 04:54:48

@MarieR, I just bought a new KC410S and discovered that it is hardware v1.  I'm watching it now.  It connects for a few minutes and then disconnects for several minutes (blinking red).  This repeats continuously.  I have many IoT devices connected to a wifi router set for 2.4GHz only.  This is the only device connecting and disconnecting continuously.  I know this doesn't help you, but I wonder if this is why they came out with the KC411S model?  I feel a bit ripped off buying this camera.  I own many Kasa plugs, light switches, and my primary router.  This is my first foray with their cameras and am sorely disappointed.....

Options
2021-11-03 09:34:57 - last edited 2021-11-03 09:40:08

@want2beunique 

Thank you for your feedback.  If camera disconnects and has a Red Led, camera disconnected from Wi-Fi at that time:

1. make sure the camera is receiving a good signal :
Kasa app-> Camera Device Settings-> tap name of the device ->signal strength ( tap on the Wi-Fi icon to see the value of the dBm/RSSI)
(-40- 70dBm is good to average, less than -70dBm is relatively poor : relocate camera or router to get stronger signal)
2. Confirm Camera firmware and Kasa APP version are up-to-date 

May I know do you own a mesh system, may I know the model of your Wi-Fi router, can I have a photo of the wifi settings on main router? Thank you. 

Options
2021-11-03 09:38:52 - last edited 2021-11-03 09:39:42

Hello @MarieR 

Please turn off the VPN and mobile data on your phone, factory reset camera and add camera in kasa app again, if  Kasa app ask if you want to reset this device or use old settings, please choose  reset and connect camera to Wi-Fi router again. Can i have a photo of the error if set up still does not go well, thank you. 

How to reset the TP-Link Kasa camera?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 3

Related Articles