HS200 looks to be wired correctly but lights don't turn on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-29 19:02:18
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have connected the black wires to the blue wires that were "hot" on the old switch. I used a green wire for 1 ground and orange wire for second ground. I capped the white wires with the group of neutral wires in the outlet but the lights still won't turn on. The switches work and have successfully connected with Wi-Fi. 

Can I get some guidance? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS200 looks to be wired correctly but lights don't turn on
2021-11-04 12:40:42

Hi @Lambalda while checking the meaning of Yellow and Blue wire, i found some information that might help

' Yellow wires are used as switch legs to ceiling fans, structural lights, and outlets paired with light switches, while blue wires are usually used as travelers for three-or-four-way switches. '  / “Blue and yellow wires are sometimes used as hot wires,”

' Always assume that a red or orange wire (in addition to the black wire, which provides the primary phase voltage) is live. '

The Yellow/ Orange Wire from electrical box should carry power, not to the ground of HS200. 

Please check if the electrical box is a 3-way environment  (2 switches operate one light) or 2-way environment (1 switch operate one light) ?

HS200 is a  2-way switch, you will need HS210 KIT for a 3-way environment. 

Anyone who is more professional with wiring, feel free to leave your comments below, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 963

Replies: 1